Clown On A Plane Clown On A Plane

I like the combination of clown silliness with sudden violence. Also I know the guy that made that music, its all pretty good. Keep it up fellow 1GAM participant!

Deadfall Castle Deadfall Castle

Neat idea. I think there is more depth to this game than there seems. Some of the art doesn't quite fit with the rest. If you are going with a pixel art style you should make sure all the pixel sizes match up. Some sprites have big pixels while others don't. Also your scoreboard doesn't seem to be working.
I have to give props to a fellow stencyl user, keep up the good work. We learn our craft together.

My fat Boyfriend My fat Boyfriend

I know several fat boyfriends and this is exactly what they do!

- Disconnect - (DEEP INDIE ART GAME) - Disconnect - (DEEP INDIE ART GAME)

If the game mechanic here is a metaphor, it seems like it says a lot about the feeling you are trying to invoke. I don't interpret the mechanic as someone being alienated by society, I see someone alienating themselves. The main mechanic in the game is trying to avoid other people, the other people aren't doing anything to harm the player.

It seems like the green blocks represent something that the player is obsessed with, to the point of self alienation. The drive to get the blocks overrides any connection with the others because they just become obstacles.

I went back and played again to try a different strategy, instead of single-mindedly pursuing the blocks I just sat in a corner for a while, and found I lasted a lot longer. Then something interesting happened. After sitting for a while one of the blue blobs slowly moved up and just stopped next to me and went to game over a couple seconds later, I had a full green bar and didn't see it go down any. Not sure if this was a bug but it definitely seemed like a very different message from what the implied rules are from the beginning.

My interpretation of what happened here is that maybe if the player isn't concerned solely with pursuing this arbitrary score and avoiding people then there could be a very different outcome. I'm wondering what the game over represents in this case.

The only suggestion I could make here is to maybe cut back on the melodrama. All the self deprecation and overuse of ellipses just makes it seem kind of like a cry for help. The players should be able to interpret your message from the game, and not be bogged down with worrying about the developer.

All together I think the game did achieve what you are going for, there is a lot to be interpreted from the simple mechanics and I feel like I have learned a lot about you playing it.

Jonesboro responds:

Insightful critique. Thank you.

I wanted to not explain anything within the game itself, but your melodrama comment does make me aware that the text could be misunderstood. It's not a personal cry for help, but representative of distracting negative thoughts and mind-states (self-pity, paranoia, victim-mentality, etc...) of those who alienate themselves. The thoughts juxtapose the reality of the obsessive and banal pursuits.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Crazy Balls Remake Crazy Balls Remake

I was going to give it 2 stars but "You failed, hero. The world is now on annihilation...Because of you!:(" was hilarious.

Studio Dystopia 2 Studio Dystopia 2

The layout of the arrows is really counter intuitive. I don't know if that's what you were going for but it makes it really difficult to play.

Sea cleaning beta (dutch) Sea cleaning beta (dutch)

I like the art style. What if the bubbles instead of just popping when they hit one thing they got bigger and continued upward so you could time your shots to get multiple things in one shot?

Nikey007 responds:

That's a pretty cool idea actually, It could add a bit of tactical decisons to the game

miniPassage miniPassage

All the parts individually seem alright but the controls, level design, and art don't really seem to match up. For example on the bottom path there are the stairs up with spikes where you need to jump but there is not really a way to do a short jump so you can't help but hit the spikes. Also I wasn't really sure what dying did other than slow you down a little bit, maybe that's all it did.

The Arecibo Response The Arecibo Response

Not bad, the pacing was a bit slow. Maybe if the waves were shorter but gave more money, I found myself just waiting around for more money a lot.

The Great Jacob Hunt The Great Jacob Hunt

What is this I dont even...